The wrought iron fence was just one piece in my Halloween decorations this year. It was actually a part of the mini graveyard I constructed on my front lawn.
I wrote out my materials list and the steps I used to make it.
Wrought Iron Fence Materials:
1/2″ PVC Piping
1″ x 2″ x 6′ Lumber
1″ Wood Screws
7/8″ Drill Bit
Hot Glue Gun
Black Spray Paint
Hammered Spray Paint
I cut my PVC pipes to approximately 3 feet tall and I used 35 posts.
I bought the 1 x 2 x 6s and decided to keep them at that length. I used 6 of them, 2 for each of the 3 sides of the fence.
I marked the places on the 1 x 2 x 6s where I wanted the PVC pipes to go.
I used the power drill and 7/8′ drill bit to drill holes through the 1 x 2 x 6s.
I got the foam sheets from the Dollar Tree.
I cut out 2 points for every PVC pipe post I used. I used 35 posts.
I used the glue gun to glue the points together along the 2 longest edges.
Then I opened the bottom of each glued point and added some hot glue to the inside. Then I slid the point over the top of each PVC pipe and pressed the glue onto the pipe.
Once all the points were on the pipes, I slid the pipes into the holes created in the wood. Each pipe went through 2 different pieces of wood. I used another flat piece of wood to line up the PVC pipes on the bottom so they were all on the same level.
For the back part of the fence, I left out each of the PVC pipes on the end. For the left and right sides of the fences, I left out the last PVC pipe. The one that will connect to the back part of the fence.
I used the impact driver to drill screws through each wood pieces into the PVC pipes to keep them in place.
Once the fence pieces were assembled, I had 3 parts: back, left, and right. I put them on some cardboard along with my 2 extra PVC pipes.
I sprayed them with some flat black spray paint.
Then I flipped them and sprayed the other side as well.
I did the same thing with the Hammered Dark Bronze spray.
Once everything was dry, I assembled the fence parts. I used the 2 extra PVC pipes to connect the fence parts so they could swivel.
Once I connected the parts, the fence was able to stand on it’s own (and look darn fine doing it).